I don’t know about you babes, but my skin and scalp don’t exactly cooperate during the changing seasons, especially Summer >> Fall. My shins get a little scalier, my scalp gets a little drier and eczema creeps in. My skin gets a little tighter and more susceptible to redness; acne flare-ups start thanks to the sweat-freeze cycle from indoors to outdoors in the city.
I’m known to slather oils on my face, hair and body. From store-bought blends to my own concoctions, these are my go-to picks season after season.
- Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Oil
- Zum Face Undereye Butter
- Homemade body oil concoction: Pumpkin Seed Oil + Flaxseed Oil + Jojoba Oil, put it in a clean pump bottle and slather on post-shower before toweling off. Super soft skin afterwards 🖤 can be applied to body + face, but I opt for body application only out of paranoia lol.
Chamomile + Honey
A known skin-soother, chamomile is wonderful for soothing anything from skin flare-ups to upset tummies. When the whipping NYC winds irritate my skin just a wee bit too much, I slather (or sip!) on these must-haves to calm it down.
- Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream
- Eczema Honey Original Natural Healing Cream
- Numi Organic Chamomile + Lemon tea + Manuka honey
Known to have anti-bacterial and soothing properties, I use rose products on areas where I have skin conditions such as acne or scaly skin.
- Alteya’s Organic Bulgarian Rose Water (psst, I typically can snag this at my local Whole Foods on sale every so often)
- Prim Botanicals The Spoil Yourself Silly Body Scrub
I know you’ve established your own go-to’s over the years – share them down below! Would love to see what some of you use to soothe and soften from head to toe ⚡️