Does this look familiar to anyone?
As much as I love finding unique pieces to add to my wardrobe, I often forget the unfortunate truth that not all people fit a “one size fits all.” In this instance: not all gladiators fit all calves. Luckily, this is an easy fix with the help of a little resourcefulness.
- ——————————–– Gladiator sandals
- ——————————–– Scissors
- ——————————–– X-acto blades or straight razors
- ——————————–– White pencil for markings
- ——————————–– Paper clips
- ——————————–– Rubber cement
- Identify where the seamsof the straps are, and remove them from the buckle by slicing with your X-acto knife.
- Now that the straps are free from the buckle, loop each through its hoop to a comfortable snugness.
- Using your white pencil, make a mark on the underside of each strap.
Don’t Worry!! This is what it should look like^^
- After taking your sandals off, loop the strap through the metal loop and line up the end of the strap to where you drew the white mark. This is how you will be gluing the strap in place.
- Apply a bit of rubber cement to the inside of the strap within a half inch of the white mark. Press the end of the strap securely in place for about 30seconds each.
- To allow the rubber cement to set, gingerly bend paper clips around the glued areas and leave overnight. Your new sandals will be ready by the morning 🙂