The stress of final exams, the minor stress when realizing senior year of college is half over, and remembering “Sh*#—I’m still not done Christmas shopping” just makes me want to crawl into bed with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book. Today’s post can achieve half of that! I present you with…my new favorite Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe! I made my version with sweetened almond milk, but feel free to try sweetened soy milk, cashew milk, etc. if you prefer. I recommend making this in a pot on the stove so the cocoa powder can fully mix and dissolve in the liquid. [NOTE:] The following ingredient list contains vague measurements because when you’re in the mood for hot chocolate it’s all about taste testing to get it just right 🙂 This recipe makes 1 serving:
- ∞ 1 1/2 – 2 cups sweetened almond milk
- ∞ 1 spoonful vanilla extract
- ∞ 2-3 spoonfuls of cocoa powder (I used unsweetened)
- ∞ 1/2 – 1 spoonful of sugar (adjust according to your taste)
- ∞ Sprinkling of ground cinnamon (adjust according to your taste)
- Pour almond milk into small pot over medium heat on the stove. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add in cocoa powder, making sure each spoonful is thoroughly mixed before adding the next.
- Mix in a spoonful of sugar based on your taste, and a sprinkling of cinnamon if you’d like.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring, until ingredients are thoroughly mixed and liquid is at ideal temperature.
- Pour into favorite mug. Sit, sip, enjoy!
If you like this recipe, make a batch with your own spin on it! Try adding:
- ∞ Marshmallows
- ∞ Chocolate chips
- ∞ Mint leaves
- ∞ Pumpkin Spice
- ∞ Coffee (flavored or not)
- ∞ Cayenne Pepper + Cinnamon
- ∞ Alcohol of your choice
Other Hot Chocolate Recipes to Try:
- Ultimate Hot Chocolate (with coconut milk + Kahlua!)
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate (make sure to have canned pumpkin on hand 🙂 )
- Creamy Dairy-Free Hot Chocolate (with coconut milk + ground cinnamon)
Banner photo via, Instagram pics are my own. My variation was based on this original recipe.